Guidelines for Writing an Effective Press Release
Heading (Headline) and Summary
- Headline should be relevant to the PR’s content
• Headline must be recent and important to be announced. In short, it should be newsworthy.
• Headline should be under 80 characters and include active verb and subject.
• Summary of PR should be a reflection of the press release’s content.
• Do not use any exact paragraph as a summary.
• Summary should not be too long; it should be two to three sentences long.
Format of Press Release
- The word count of your press release should be between 400 to 800 words.
• The image size should not be more than 200KB.
• Only one image per press release is allowed in jpg, png or gif format only.
• Only embedded videos are allowed. Make sure the video is embedded correctly in the press release.
• PR should have a relevant news angle such as announcing something new.
• Press release written as an advertisement or a sales letter will not be approved.
• Impartial tone should be used throughout the press release.
• Use Capital and Small letters appropriately.
• Don’t ask the question(s) within your PR.
• Use spacing properly.
• Ensure you insert properly formatted links.
• Ensure PR is formatted properly; for example, do not add double space, use proper punctuation marks and symbols.
• The ratio of links to words is 1 link per 200 words.
• Include original quote that someone has actually said in the past.
• Your PR should not include links or references to illegal material, profane language or sexually explicit material.
• PR should not have written to harm or take personal revenge against a group or a person.
• Avoid using SPAM words. Any such words will be filtered out by filters and should be refrained.
• Avoid using email id within the body of the PR.
• Include actual contact information where users can reach to you.
• Include the place from where the PR originates.
• PR’s content should be free of grammatical and spelling errors.
• Avoid using symbols and special characters in the headline like © or ™ etc.
Guidelines for PR Content
- Your content should have an impartial tone throughout the complete press release.
• Avoid making any spelling and grammatical errors.
• Avoid writing PR like an Article, Sales letter or an advertisement.
• Don’t use spam words in PR.
• HeraldKeepers does not publish PR related to lawsuits and with negative connotations.
• HeraldKeepers does not accept duplicate press releases.
• HeraldKeepers does not publish press releases which promote illegal news or content.
• HeraldKeepers does not publish press releases with only opinionative content.
• HeraldKeepers does not accept PRs which promote dating items, explicit content, escort, sexual enhancement supplements and other products.
• HeraldKeepers does not publish content that promotes firearms, weaponry, and armory.
• HeraldKeepers does not accept press releases that seek publicity for pay day, mortgage, short-term or long-term loan services and cash.
• HeraldKeepers does not promote press releases that include political or radical opinion/view.
• HeraldKeepers does not publish releases related to a government board, ministries, policies, agencies, offices, administrations, departments and others.
• HeraldKeepers does not publish content related to a radical religious view.
• HeraldKeepers does not promote releases with intent to defame or harm any person or group.
• HeraldKeepers does not distribute PRs containing unauthorized stock ticker symbols.
• HeraldKeepers does not accept releases on topics related to drugs, tobacco, alcohol, e-cigs, raspberry ketones, Kratom, HCG, Garcinia Cambogia, and other related items.
HeraldKeepers does not promote releases related to Gambling, Casinos, Betting etc.
• HeraldKeepers does not accept PRs that proclaims bonus, discounts, price cuts, coupon codes, sales, or anything related to the direct or indirect promotion of advertorials or services/products.
• HeraldKeepers does not promote topics related to illegal device rooting, unlocking or jail-breaking of devices.
• HeraldKeepers does not accept PRS on affiliate product reviews or trials that are promotional.
• HeraldKeepers does not accept releases that are written as an article and are not news worthy.
• HeraldKeepers does not accept press release announcing the launch of a new website, blog posts or other content.
• HeraldKeepers does not publish content that promotes body modification and cosmetics.
• HeraldKeepers does not publish topics such as pirated software, APK, cracks, and others.
Disclaimer: The HeraldKeepers team has the right to publish, discard or delete part or all the published/submitted documents, if it is inappropriate/irrelevant to be published without any prior notice. The decision by the HeraldKeepers shall be ULTIMATE and cannot be questioned.