The Global Ultra high molecular weight polyethylene [UHMWPE] market is forecast to reach USD 5,075.5 Million by 2028, according to a new report by Reports and Data.
To receive a free PDF sample of this report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1505
Presence of certain traits in UHMWPE makes it favorable for application in different industries. Specific characteristics of this type of polyethylene, such as minimal reactivity to chemicals, lightweight, high durability, strength results in making it an integral part of shipping, aerospace, and defense sectors. The previous type of ballistic armor and equipment used in the military used to be heavy and made it difficult to use. However, it is the development of UHMWPE and its tolerance to extreme temperature, resistance to erosion, resistance to impacts, strength, and durability resulted in its significant use in the defense sector.
There has been a drastic increase in the geriatric population that has resulted in an associated rise in demand for joint replacements. In addition to that, rise in incidents of fall and fracture among this section of the population because of the orthopedic issue has also resulted in increased demand for joint replacement treatments that in turn positively impacts the growth rate of the industry. The underlying reason being, this type of polyethylene have features like wear resistance, self-lubrication, self-lubrication, bio-compatible, low coefficient of friction, associated with it. The mentioned traits makes it highly applicable to prosthetic implants, contributing to the growth of the sector.
In context to region, North America can be seen to be dominating the market. In this region, increased investment in the healthcare sector, technological advancements in the healthcare industry, and rise in demand for prosthetic implant results in its dominance in the industry.
To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/ultra-high-molecular-weight-polyethylene-uhmwpe-market
Further key findings from the report suggest
- The Ultra high molecular weight polyethylene [UHMWPE] market held a market share of USD 2,180.7 Million in the year 2020. It is forecasted to grow at a rate of 11.3% during the forecast period.
- In regards to the form of UHMWPE, sheets segment can be seen to have yielded the highest revenue of USD 0.98 Billion in 2020 with the highest CAGR of 11.7% during the forecast period. Extensive use of UHMWPE in this form in mechanical equipment and medical industries contributes to the generated market share by this segment.
- In context to catalyst type, Ziegler-Natta Catalyst can be seen to be highly used in the product of this type of polyethylene. In the year 2020, it generated the highest revenue of USD 1.02 Billion with the highest CAGR of 11.7% during the forecast period. As this catalyzing technique is versatile, inexpensive, and easily controllable, it results in its high use in the production of UHMWPE.
- In regards to application, medical prosthetics segment generated the highest revenue of USD 0.60 Billion in 2020 with the highest growth rate of 12.0% during the forecast period. With the rise in geriatric population, increased demand for prosthetic implants and the presence of desired traits in this type of polyethylene for using it in joint replacements contributes to its growth rate.
- In context to end users, the healthcare industry can be seen to have yielded the highest revenue of USD 0.69 Billion in 2020 with the highest growth rate of 12.0% during the forecast period. As there has been a rise in geriatric population that results in an increase in joint replacement treatment and UHMWPE has traits like high flexibility, and biocompatibility and wear resistance, results in its increased use in healthcare industry contributing to the market dominance of this segment.
- In regards to region, North America can be seen to occupy the largest market share that is forecasted to hold 38% of the market share by 2028 with a growth rate of 11.7% during the forecast period. In this region, there has been a rise in geriatric population, along with an increase in demand for joint replacement treatment and increased investment in the healthcare sector that contributes to the market share of this region.
- Key participants include Asahi Kasei, Celanese Corporation, Royal DSM, Honeywell International, LyondellBasell Industries, Eastern Petrochemical, Mitsui Chemicals, Sabic, Zhongke Xinxing, Lianle.
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented the global Ultra high molecular weight polyethylene [UHMWPE] market according to Form, Catalyst type, Application area, End-users, and Region:
Form Type Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Billion; 2020-2028)
Catalyst type Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Billion; 2020-2028)
- Ziegler-Natta Catalyst
- Metallocene Catalyst
Application area Type Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Billion; 2020-2028)
- Medical Prosthetics
Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Billion; 2020-2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Get Discount @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/discount-enquiry-form/1505
- Production Analysis: The report entails production analysis of the global market Growth with respect to the key regional segments, product types, and the broad application gamut. Moreover, the price analysis of the leading companies involved in this sector is also covered in the report.
- Sales & Revenue Analysis – The report includes accurate market sales volume and revenue estimations, assessed using useful analytical tools.
- Supply and Value Chain Analysis: This section of the report offers a detailed examination of the global supply and value chains, which have been drastically affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Competitive Scenario: This section highlights both the emerging and dominant players of the industry and summarizes their company profiles, product portfolios, production capacities, and cost and revenue analyses.
Our in-house experts assist our clients with advice based on their proficiency in the market that helps them in creating a compendious database for the clients. Our team offers expert insights to clients to guide them through their business ventures. We put in rigorous efforts to keep our clientele satisfied and focus on fulfilling their demands to make sure that the end-product is what they desire. We excel in diverse fields of the market and with our services extending to competitive analysis, research and development analysis, and demand estimation among others, we can help you invest your funds in the most beneficial areas for research and development.
Head of Business Development
Reports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
Related Reports :